- BS, Colegio Frances-Pasteur, Mexico, 1985
- MD, National Autonomous University, Mexico, 1989
- Pediatric Residency, National Institute of Pediatrics, Mexico, 1992-1995
- PhD, Nutritional Sciences, University of Texas, 2001
- Postdoctoral Research, Pennington biomedical Research Center, 2001-2005
- Torres-Aguilar P, Teran-Garcia M, Wiley A, Raffaelli M, Morales M. (2015) Factors Correlated to Protective and Risk Dietary Patterns in Immigrant Latino Mothers in Non-metropolitan Rural Communities. J Immigr Minor Health. Epub ahead of print.
- Speirs KE, Liechty JM, Wu CF; Strong Kids Research Team. (2014) Sleep, but not other daily routines, mediates the association between maternal employment and BMI for preschool children. Sleep Med., 15: 1590-1593.
- Bost KK, Wiley AR, Fiese B, Hammons A, McBride B; STRONG KIDS Team. (2014) Associations between adult attachment style, emotion regulation, and preschool children's food consumption. J Dev Behav Pediatr., 35: 50-61
- Wang Y.Y., Wang A.A., Donovan S.M., Teran-Garcia M. (2013). Individual genetic variations related to satiety and appetite control increase risk of obesity in Preschool-age children in the STRONG Kids Program. Hum Hered., 75: 152–159.
- Musaad, S.M.A., Paige, K.N., Teran-Garcia, M., Donovan, S.M., Fiese, B.H. and the STRONG Kids Research Team. (2013) Childhood overweight/obesity and pediatric asthma: The role of parental perception of child weight status. Nutrients, 5: 3713-3729.
- Hammons A.J., Wiley A.R., Fiese B.H., Teran-Garcia M. (2013). Six-Week Latino Family Prevention Pilot Program Effectively Promotes Healthy Behaviors and Reduces Obesogenic Behaviors. J Nutr Educ Behav., 45: 745-750.
- Wang A.A., Paige K.N., Gaskins H.R., Teran-Garcia M. (2013). An improved method for collecting breath from 3- to 7 year-old children. J. Parenter Enteral Nutr, 38: 507-509.
- Dev DA, McBride BA; STRONG Kids Research Team. (2013) Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics benchmarks for nutrition in child care 2011: are child-care providers across contexts meeting recommendations? J Acad Nutr Diet, 113: 1346-1353.
- Grigsby-Toussaint DS, Chi SH, Fiese BH; STRONG Kids Project Writing Group. (2011) Where they live, how they play: neighborhood greenness and outdoor physical activity among preschoolers. Int J Health Geogr., 10: 66.
- Harrison K., Bost K.K., McBride B.A., Donovan S.M., Grigsby-Toussaint D.S., Kim J., Liechty J.M., Wiley A., Teran-Garcia M. & Jacobsohn G. C. (2011). Toward a developmental conceptualization of contributors to weight imbalance in childhood: The six-c’s model. Child Development Perspectives, 5: 50-58.