- Laxman, D.J., McBride, B.A., Jeans, L.M., Dyer, W.J., Santos, R.M., Kern, J., Sugimura, N., & Curtiss, S.L. (in press). Father involvement and maternal depressive symptoms in families of children with disabilities. Maternal and Child Health Journal.
- McBride, B.A., & Dev, D.A., (2014). Preventing childhood obesity: Feeding strategies to help preschoolers develop healthy eating habits. Young Children, 69: 36-41.
- Dev, D.A., Speirs, K.E., McBride, B.A., Donovan, S.M., & Chapman-Novakofski, K. (2014). Head Start and child care providers’ motivators, barriers and facilitators to practicing family-style meal service. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 29: 649-659.
- Dev, D.A., McBride, B.A., Speirs, K.E., Donovan, S.M., & Cho, H. (2014). Predictors of Head Start and child care providers’ healthful and controlling feeding practices with 2- to 5-year old children. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 114: 1396-1403.
- Liechty, J., Paceley, M., McBride, B., Bost, K., & Donovan, S.M. (2014). Graduate students’ early conceptualizations of transdisciplinary research: Insights from innovative visual and textual assessments of scholarly development. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 46: S191-S192.
- Bost, K.K., Wiley, A.R., Fiese, B., Hammons, A., McBride, B.A., & STRONG Kids Research Team. (2014). Associations between adult attachment style, emotion regulation, and preschool children’s food consumption. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 35, 50-61.
- Dev, D.A, McBride, B.A., Fiese, B.H., Jones, B.L., Cho. H., & STRONG Kids Research Team. (2013). Risk factors for Overweight/Obesity in Pre-school Children. Childhood Obesity, 9: 399-404.
- Dev, D.A., McBride, B.A., & STRONG Kids Research Team. (2013). Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Benchmarks for Nutrition in Childcare (2011): Are childcare providers across contexts meeting recommendations? Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 113: 1346-1353.
- Fiese, B.H., Bost, K.K., McBride, B.A., & Donovan, S.M. (2013). Childhood obesity prevention from cell to society. Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 24: 375-376.
- McBride, B.A., Dyer, W.J., & Laxman, D.J. (2013). Father involvement and student achievement: Variations based on ecological contexts. Early Child Development and Care, 183: 810-826.
- McBride, B.A., Groves, M., Barbour, N., Horm, D., Stremmel, A., Lash, M., Bersani, C., Ratekin, C., Moran, J., Elicker, J., & Toussaint, S. (2012). Child development laboratory schools as generators of knowledge in early childhood education: Models and approaches. Early Education and Development, 23: 153-164.
- Dyer, W.J., Pleck, J.H., & McBride, B.A. (2012). Using mixture regression to identify varying effects: A demonstration with paternal incarceration. Journal of Marriage and Family, 74: 1129-1148.
- Brown, G.L., McBride, B.A., Bost, K.K., & Shin, N. (2011). Parental involvement, child temperament, and parents' work sours: Differential relations for mothers and fathers. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 32: 313-322.
- Shin, N., Vaughn, B.E., Kim, M., Kryzsik, L., Bost, K.K., McBride, B.A., & Santos, A.J. (2011). Testing a hierarchical model of social competence for preschool childrearing using cross-sectional and longitudinal data. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 57: 73-103.
- Shin, N., Vaughn, B.E., Akers, V., Kim, M., Stevens, S., Krzysik, L., Coppola, G., Bost, K., McBride, B.A., Korth, B. (2011). Are happy children socially successful? Testing a central premise of positive psychology in a sample of preschool children. Journal of Positive Psychology, 5: 355-367.
- Kim, J., Shim, J.E., Wiley, A.R., Kim, K., & McBride, B.A. (2011). Is there a difference between center and home care providers' training, perceptions, and practices related to obesity prevention? Maternal and Child Health Journal, 16, 1559-66.
- Harrison, K., Bost, K., McBride, B.A., Donovan, S.M., Grigsby-Toussaint, D.S., Kim, J., Liechty, J.M., Wiley, A., Teran-Garcia, M. & Jacobsohn, J.C. (2011). Toward a developmental conceptualization of contributors to overweight and obesity in childhood: The six-c's model. Child Development Perspectives, 5: 50-58.