- Liechty, J.M., Saltzman, J.A., Musaad, S.M., and the STRONG Kids Team. (2015). Health literacy and parent attitudes about weight control for children. Appetite, 91: 200–208.
- Liechty, J.M. & Lee, M.J. (2015). Body size estimation and other psychosocial risk factors for the onset of adolescent obesity and overweight: Findings from population level data. International Journal of Obesity, 39: 601-607.
- Speirs, K.E., Liechty, J.M., Wu, C.F., & the STRONG Kids Team. (2014). Sleep, but not other daily routines, mediates the association between maternal employment and BMI for preschool children. Sleep Medicine, 15: 1590-1593.
- Lee, M.J. & Liechty, J.M. (2014). Longitudinal associations between immigrant ethnic density, neighborhood processes, and Latino immigrant youth depression. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. [Epub ahead of print].
- Helton, J.J.,& Liechty, J.M. (2014). Obesity prevalence among youth investigated for maltreatment in the United States. Child Abuse and Neglect, 38: 768–775.
- Liechty J.M., Paceley M.S., McBride B.A., Fiese B., Bost K.K., Donovan, S.M. (2014). Graduate students’ early conceptualizations of transdisciplinary research: Insights from innovative visual and textual assessments of scholarly development. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 46: S191-S192.
- Liechty, J.M. & Lee, M. (2013). Longitudinal predictors of dieting and disordered eating among young adults in the U.S. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 46: 790-800.
- Liechty, J.M. (2013). Social justice and the urban obesity crisis: Implications for Social Work [book review], Journal of Children and Poverty, 19: 128-129.
- Harrison, K., Liechty, J.M., & the STRONG Kids Program. (2012). Preschooler’s media exposure and dietary habits: The primacy of television and the limits of parental mediation. Special Issue: Children, Media, and Health: Journal of Children & Media, 6: 18-36.
- Harrison, K., Bost, K.K., McBride, B.A., Donovan, S.M., Grigsby-Toussaint, D.S., Kim, J., Liechty, J.M., Wiley, A., Teran-Garcia, M., & Jacobsohn, G.C. (2011). Toward a developmental conceptualization of contributors to overweight and obesity in childhood: The six-c’s Model. Child Development Perspectives, 5: 50-58.