- Musaad, S.M.A., Donovan, S.M., Fiese, B.H. and the STRONG Kids Research Team. (2015) Parental perception of child weight in the first two years of life is linked to parental feeding styles and diet in preschoolers. Appetite, 91: 90-100.
- Boquin, M., Smith-Simpson, S., Donovan, S.M., Lee, S.Y. (2015) Mealtime behaviors and food consumption of picky and non-picky eaters through consumer home use test. Journal of Food Science, 79: S2523-2532.
- Liechty, J.M., Paceley, M.S., McBride, B.A., Fiese, B., Bos,t K.K., Donovan, S.M. (2014). Graduate students’ early conceptualizations of transdisciplinary research: Insights from innovative visual and textual assessments of scholarly development. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 46: S191-S192.
- Dev, D.A., Speirs, K.E., McBride, B.A, Donovan, S.M., Chapman-Novakofski, K. (2014) From policy to practice: Head Start and child care providers' motivators, barriers and facilitators to family style meal service. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 29: 649-659.
- Dev DA, McBride BA, Speirs KE, Donovan SM, Cho H. (2014) Predictors of child-care providers healthful and controlling feeding practices in 2- to 5-year old children. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 114: 1396-1403.
- Khan, N.A., Raine, L.B., Drollette, E., Scudder, M.R., Pontifex, M.B., Castelli, D.M., Donovan, S.M., Evans, E.M., Hillman, C.H. (2014) A 9-month physical activity intervention reduces adiposity in prepubertal children: Body composition findings from the FITKids trial. Pediatrics, 133: 4 e875-e883.
- Wang, Y., Wang, A., Donovan, S.M., Teran-Garcia, M., STRONG Kids Research Team. (2013) Individual genetic variations related to satiety and appetite control increase risk of obesity in preschool age children in the STRONG kids program. Human Heredity, 75: 152-159.
- Musaad, S.M.A., Paige, K.N., Teran-Garcia, M., Donovan, S.M., Fiese, B.H. and the STRONG Kids Research Team. (2013) Childhood overweight/obesity and pediatric asthma: The role of parental perception of child weight status. Nutrients, 5: 3713-3729.
- Fiese, B.H., Bost, K.K., McBride, B.A., & Donovan, S.M. (2013) Childhood obesity prevention from cell to society. Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 24: 375-377.
- Adedze, P., Chapman-Novakofski, K., Witz, K., Orr, R, & Donovan, S.M. (2011). Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about nutrition and childhood overweight among WIC participants. Journal of Family and Community Health,34: 301-310.
- Harrison, K., Bost, K.K., McBride, B.A., Donovan, S.M., Grigsby-Toussaint, D.S., Kim, J., Liechty, J.M., Wiley, A., Teran-Garcia, M., & Jacobsohn, G.C. (2011). Toward a developmental conceptualization of contributors to weight imbalance in childhood: the six-c's model. Child Development Perspectives, 5: 50-58.